SCREENING@SUNSET LODGE RETIREMENT HOME

SCREENING@SUNSET LODGE RETIREMENT HOME
...and then, apparently, It just went beserk when someone CURIOUS tried a MASHUP of Gin Rummy and Scrabble!

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Week6

Learning for week 6 reminded me that ProjectPlay informs us regarding the frustrations that library patrons often encounter in this e-age. It also recalled to me the learning of irregular foreign verb conjugations. This week I had to learn how to register at Yahoo/Flickr in order to post a Flickr photo to my blog. I'm tired of registering, and I'm running out of passwords. (Athough, it was interesting to find photos from my grandfather's "piece of the old sod" to post.) All of which reminds me also of the frustrations with virus protection, spyware software, and firewalls that I've encountered with home computing.

Is this play? Perhaps. But it reminds me of playing with my older brother (an explanation of which I leave to imagination and more personal blogging.)

2 comments:

Stef Morrill said...

I had an older brother, too, jimlearns...and I understand exactly what you mean :-)

I was thinking about your exact topic today. The other day, I was in a hurry and trying to print a trip itinerary at the last minute. After remembering my password, logging in, getting to the itinerary, the power went out for a few seconds, and my computer shut off. Then, because the power went out unexpectedly, our wireless wasn't working (it needs to be started in a precise order) and I had to get that resolved before I could start the process again. What should have taken only a minute or two took about 15-20.

It is a different world of frustrations. These tools can bring us so much (would you have been able to find those pictures without it?), but we do pay a price in exchange.

Lucia said...

Hey Jim--glad to read your continuing honest reports. I'm still just doing week four's assignment a month late! Have yet to face the trials of finding and posting a flickr picr.